Thursday, June 23, 2011

Genealogy Malaise

Today I have genealogy malaise.  I've been staring at leaves on Ancestry.com and going through old letters, pictures and documents. I've run into dead ends on one day that were resolved the next and chasing down leads that sometimes ended successfully and others that just caused more questions. I've been watching lives unfold as I read the Interior Journal and the Mount Vernon Signal trying to track down Shumate, Adams, and McClary relations in Kentucky.  I have images like the one below that have no point of reference and I wonder who they are and what connection do they have to our family.

Perhaps today is just a day to mull over what I've been able to discover so far and give my mind and my curiosity a rest.  After all, this project was generations in the making and its mysteries will not be given up so easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment