|New Court House Near Completion|
Representing many months of Labor, new building will be
monument to present and gift to generations of the future
Previous to this the Court of Pleas and Quarter Sessions was held at the homes of John Terrell and Benjamin Bondurant in Dresden. Some of the members of the bar practicing before this pioneer court were A.G. Bondurant, H.A. Sample, John A. Gardner, S.A. Warner, John Grundy (son of Senator Felix Grundy) and, history relates, Dresden was the home of Emerson Ethridge, lawyer, orator and statesman. The original court house was replaced in 1858 by a new structure, which was a part of the building pictured on this page, which was destroyed by fire. Additions were made to this structure in 1911.