Sunday, December 25, 2011

James H. Moran IV, 1931 High School Graduation. Part 1

James Henderson Moran IV was born April 7, 1913 and passed away December 30, 2000.  He was the eldest child of James Henderson Moran III and Virginia Shumate.  Jim graduated from Dresden High School in 1931.  The graduation brochures and cards were found at the Moran family home in Dresden, Tennessee.

James Henderson Moran IV
I believe this is his graduation picture.
Mrs. Charles Henry Cobb was his aunt Marion Moran

Side two of card from Marion.  "I am so proud of you and
feel sure the future holds great things in store
for you. Devotedly,
"Aunt Marion"

From Mrs. Eula Chandler and
Mrs. Mary Padgett

Front Cover of the Card from "Dot"

Inside Cover of the Card from "Dot"

Sentiment page of card from "Dot"

Card from Mary Sue Mooney, side 1. She was
the daughter of Rev. Wellborn Mooney and
Sue Dromgoole Mooney, the local school
teacher.
Dear James:-Under separate cover I am sending you a little package full of every good wish and sincere congratulations.  I wish I could see you graduate.  I heard such golden good things about you when I was in Dresden last summer that it made me very proud of you. Remember me to the whole family.  I hope to see you this summer. With Love, Mary Sue Mooney.  Arkadelphia, Arkansas May 15, 1931
Card from Mary Sue Mooney, side 2

From Lester and Maude McCuan.  At one time the Moran's and McCuan's
co-owned an automobile dealership in Dresden Tennessee.

The Dreadnaught was the name of the High School paper.  We have the complete issue, this one is from February 1931.  You can see that James Moran was the paper's Business Manager.



The next blog will be a continuation of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment